Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Leg

Well, we're off. Sort of. We are sitting in Logan. Today was a typical travel day, with a near-disaster averted and last minute well-wishers popping in to say hello. The near disaster started last night when Nancy's Iphone died. Literally. Dead. Kaput. Gone. Instead of a relaxing evening, we hurriedly searched the web for answers. Nuthin'. No Fixthefukup.com site was working. I made an early morning appointment for the Genius Bar. And as such, I spent the morning praying that the Genius Jared would/could help me. Several hours and a new Iphone later (complimentary!) I managed to retrieve all my data and restore all my contacts, music, flight confirmations and drug prescriptions. ;) Whew.
As for the last minute well-wishers, well they can sometimes be a bit of an obstacle to getting out the door, but in this case, two were a blessing. Marilyn and Mia Dunfey stopped by AND gave us a lift to the airport. (John had to take Mahlon to a hockey game) So here we sit; Sam Adams in one hand, working Iphone in the other. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment